A business organisation is an individual or group of people that collaborate to achieve certain commercial goals. Some business organisations are formed to earn income for owners. Other business organisations, called nonprofits, are formed for public purposes. This is an individual assessment task in which you will examine critical issues related to business and management contexts. The objective is to gain greater understanding of the contextual factors internal and external to a business that impact on a business organisation and its decision making.
Identify a ‘hypothetical’ business opportunity that if you had the funds, time and drive you would pursue as a business start-up. This could be an idea you believe has the potential to become a business for you to own and grow. Provide a brief description of your organisation: its size, the industry and country/countries in which it will operate, the strategy and vision that it will adopt. Using information from Topics 1-5 on the Moodle site:
• Describe the organisational structure that best suits your new business start-up.
• Discuss the external and internal environmental forces that will impact your business organisation.
• Analyse the risks that will confront your business organisation.
• Describe the business practices that you will adopt to enhance organisational performance.
• Discuss the most important functions within your business organisation and how these relate to its performance.
The format of the assessment is an essay of 1500 words (+/-10%), 15 marks.